Monday, July 02, 2007

Home Again

Happy Canada Day! Happy Fourth of July!

I just returned from Canada over the Canadian long weekend. If only I was an eighteen wheeler! See that very empty right lane? That's just for trucks! Clear coasting. Well, what was normally a 1-hour drive to the border at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge turned into a 3-hour drive and wait. I took some photos with my cell phone. It was a gorgeous day and I loved looking at the puffy clouds. When we were young, my Dad would take us on a car ride and he would ask us what we saw in the clouds. It was fun and of course, time would fly playing that game during our ride. For some reason, we don't get those cotton candy-fluffy clouds much around here in NJ.

So much has happened in the past month that it is somewhat surreal. One month after my father passed away, I was back home again at my grandmother's side. She passed away a couple of days after I left. She was a special person and she holds a place dear to my heart. We lived with my grandparents for a long time and she took care of 14 people [great-grandparents, aunts and uncles] in one household! I will miss you, Jo Pau.

We also sold my childhood home and I was there going through my belongings. It was sad but also really fun to go through my old things. Lots of little treasures and I'll show you a few in next while.

I want to thank everyone for the kind and supportive thoughts as my family has gone through these tough days. It has really helped knowing that some great people are thinking about us.
We appreciate it greatly.

Despite the tough times, there have been some good things too. There have been a couple of previews of my new books. I am so excited about the end of this year. I'll finally be able to talk about my work! Whoo! Whee! For those who know me, they know what a struggle it has been to keep things under wraps. I cannot even wait until Christmas Day or my birthday if someone tells me that they have a present for me. I practically nag it out of them. So the moral of the story is, DON'T TELL ME!