Thursday, December 06, 2007


I made this tree skirt for a book and for once, I have used a design for myself. I bought the sparkly reindeer ornament when I was in Toronto a couple of months ago. I'm in love with it! As you can see, I don't really decorate in "traditional" colors. Then again, what is traditional? I don't eat turkey at holidays either. For some reason, I am really turned off by turkey. This year, when my family came for a visit, they ate turkey and I ate scallops.

Here's another freebie. I was playing around with the dots from my Funky Fabrics line and ended up making this fun little holiday pillow. It is so easy that no real pattern is required. Just cut a 15" x 16" piece of fabric for the front and back. Then make 15 - 2 1/4" yo-yos. I used the highly addictive Clover yo-yo makers. Arrange and pin them onto the pillow front. Cut out a stump, fuse in place and zigzag around with coordinating thread. With right sides together, sew the pillow front and pillow back together. Leave an opening for turning along the bottom of the pillow. Voila!