Sunday, January 17, 2010

Refresh



I think that my undeclared word of the year is refresh. My husband's wondered what's possessed me! I have been tossing things, making changes in my life and starting to do minor renovations. I'm even itching to move but that is not something that will happen soon. [You see, my theory in life that movement, motion or change is a great thing. I think that people need to get out and see things even on a daily basis. I also believe that moving every five years is a great idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen. My husband is warming up to the idea though!]

Instead, I have been refreshing things around here and going the renovation route.  I wanted to make something fresh and fun for the kids' room so I made this little stencil from Little A's photo. We have a lot of photos around but I wanted to put up something a bit more artsy.


After I made the stencil, I thought that it was too boring. I added turquoise. Did you know that turquoise is supposed to be the color of the year? I love turquoise!

It's spunkier, don't you think? I put it in a frame that I had around but I'm not sure that it will be the final one.


Sorry for the bad photo. I was just too darned excited when it was all put together!

There, this photo makes me feel so happy! Is anyone else feeling the same way? Let me know and let me know what you're doing about it! I think that it is going to be a fun year trying to freshen up our lives and surroundings. xo, L