Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quilt Market Snippets - Part One


The night before Quilt Market opens, there's Sample Spree. It is a crazy, frenzied pre-sale of the newest products. There are deals and there's a lot of shop owners who line up several hours early for the wonderful opportunity to preview products. Here are Larry and Scott having some fun and working hard at the Henry Glass booth.


Here are Alex and Davide from Aurifil . They were having a rare relaxing moment because the desire for Aurifil threads soon lead to pandemonium.


                              

The next day, I stopped by their booth. Ooooh, look at the new color card!! I didn't think that things could get any better but they added new colors!!




When I'm at Quilt Market, I get to see a lot of eye candy. I'm not the typical designer who has a booth. Long story for another time. I used to have a booth but now I get to wander around and absorb all that my senses allow me to. I sit down with editors and talk about what we want to work on next and I get to see lots of new things. I thought that I'd show you some snippets of what I see. There's just so much.


Alex Anderson is a funny lady and she gives good advice on dealing with one 6-year old boy who acted up before his mommy left for MN. Have you checked out her new magazine, The Quilt Life ?




Darlene Zimmerman , gave me one of her new rulers. I am excited to used this one because I've always wanted to make a wedding ring quilt and now I can make a small one and I don't have to think!! Can you see the adorable mini wedding ring quilt right beneath the ruler?





P&B Textiles  had an awesome display of its new "Bear Essentials" line! I love all of the colors and I loved the graphic display of all of the fabrics in their booth. Well done!



xo, L