Thursday, September 09, 2010

Back To School And A Winner Too!


The summer just flew by so quickly! Our summer was such a frenzy. We travelled, we had camp and we had fun. Now it's back to serious business!! Big A has matured to the point where I don't see much of my little baby as much as I see little warm and caring man emerging. Little A is my crazy, spunky little man. He is in a phase now where he thinks that rolling his eyes in every photograph is funny. [Mom, I'm not turning your grandkids into gangsters with the hat thing. I'm merely trying to see their faces while I am taking the photograph.]

We started back to school this week. I never got too mushy in past years but for some reason, I felt a bit sad when they were off this time. My funny little one is also a sentimental little one. Has anyone told the makers of Rice Krispies Treats that the new packaging isn't just for mommies to write notes for their kids' lunches. They're for kids to write notes to their moms.



Little A and his best bud just had a birthday this week. I swear these two are like twins. They talk, run, and grunt the same way at the same time. Happy birthday guys!


We filled loot bags for the class. What fun! It's difficult to bring birthday snacks because of allergies in the class. Here's an idea for all of you who share the same situation. I printed out a card from this designer and wrote a note and some monster jokes on the back. Little A choose a pencil, eraser and a mini Rice Krispies snack. Such a fun treat!



Speaking of treats, do you remember this little giveaway? Yes, well, I have a winner!!! Congratulations, sandimako!! Send me your details and I will pop it into the mail for you!

sandimako said...

I'm working on an awesome batik turtle wall-hanging for my son's girlfriend (22). She visited us for the first time last weekend and had a great time fishing through my stash to pick out fabrics. She even texted me a few days ago from California to tell me about fabric she saw out there on her vacation roadtrip. We may turn her into a quilter soon. Also working on a tablerunner for my mother-in-law's birthday.
11:06 PM 


Meanwhile, it is back to work for me. Lots of things coming up. Do you remember the holiday blog hop from last year? Stay tuned for news about one coming soon. I've got some other things in the works and I hope to share it with you sooner than later.

xo, L