Friday, November 12, 2010

Let's Get Techie With Apple And Rightcliq

iPhone Screenshot 1

I am a simple girl. I don't expect my husband to buy me jewels or clothes. I didn't mind it when he bought me something that I could plug into the wall to charge for my anniversary. No, it was not a blender although I could use that for blending paper pulp for making fancy paper! It was an iPad. I love it! Some readers and friends on Facebook asked me for my opinion of the iPad. I love it! It doesn't replace my laptop or desktop but it sure has its purpose for me beyond watching movies on it. I use it to keep projects and things organized, jot notes down and maybe even sketch a bit here and there, but there are other ways that I use it as a visual communicator.

Most important, I keep my portfolio on it. It was really useful having it along my trip to Quilt Market recently. I keep press items on hand. This was the interview by American Patchwork & Quilting.


 I keep images from all of my publications here too.


Images from my blog are handy when trying to show someone my own style. Did I ever tell you how much I love to photograph Aurifil threads for my blog?


 I keep my downloaded craft patterns here so that I can refer to it as I am working on a project.


I read books on it too although I would say that this is one of the areas where the iPad is weak. You have to be careful of eyestrain because it is an LCD screen and not an e-ink screen like the one on my husband's nook.


Most of all, I live for the apps. The kids and I love playing games and learning things on it. However, as a quilter, it is interesting to see how the world of quilting is starting to embrace the iPad/Touch/iPhone technology. My friend, Alex Veronelli, of Aurifil has developed this amazing app, Aurifil, for you and it is FREE!

iPhone Screenshot 2

It includes, general Aurifil contents like product and how-to-use information, videos and designer information. There is also a store locator that includes shop information and a rating system for the shops.
You will be able to see shop specials too. Awesome, right? Don't worry, Droid users. I believe that he's developing an app for that one too!

So, in a nutshell, I love the iPad. There are many more ways that I use the iPad but these are some of reasons in my craft life.

Another new tech related cool thing was introduced to me a few weeks back but because I was in the middle of Quilt Market stuff, I didn't look at it again until I was contacted again.

Rightcliq of Visa contacted me recently and wanted me to share an interesting new way to shop for you. I am not paid for this but I thought this would be a fun way to shop for my yarns, fabrics, and other craft supplies.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet but let me know what you think!

Here's the Wishspace. You can put all of the things that you desire into categories and store them so that you don't have to go hunting around for it again.



Your Dashboard.



Here's the place where you can get advice from your friends.


Oh, and here's where I can keep everything organized and track your purchases.

[Photo credits: RightCliq by Visa]

They have created a craft bundle to show you what it can do! This may change the way that you shop! Rightcliq lets you visually centralize all of the items you want to buy on a place called Wishspace. This awesome place lets you organize all of the things that you are drooling over your keyboard for but it also offers a way to let your friends and readers connect with you by asking for their advice. You can send your Wishspace collection to your readers on request. Double awesome! This video explains Rightcliq. There's another video too. Looks cool, right? 

Let me know what you think about Alex's app and Rightcliq. I would love to hear! Do you use computers and other electronic devices in your everyday crafting life? 

xo, L