Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 7: Martingale & Co. On Sew Merry and Bright


Wow, is it Day 7 on this Sew Merry and Bright book tour? Thanks to Lee Heinrich for the fabulous post yesterday. Her squirrel is adorable! I love to see your designs.

I've had some wonderful guests so far and today is no different! Today we have Martingale & Co., the publishers of this beautiful book, as the guest on Day 7.


I met the Acquisitions Editor, Karen, at my first Quilt Market and we had talked about working on a book. Well, it took me 5 years before I submitted a book proposal because I was 6 months pregnant when we met. Big A was a busy child and the book was on hold. I finally submitted two books, Cool Girls Quilt and Sew Sentimental. Both were published in 2007. You can check out all of the books that I've written or contributed to here.


Cool Girls Quilt is available in digital format in the Martingale store where they have the book and individual patterns for sale but Sew Sentimental is out of print.


I contributed to these wonderful books. My pincushion is on the cover of Sew The Perfect Gift.


I also contributed a runner to Skinny Quilts & Table Runners II




Fast forward to today. Sew Merry and Bright was a joy to work on and the results are fabulous. I loved working with everyone at Martingale on this book. Thanks to Mary Green, Karen Soltys, Paula Schlosser and her team, Brent Kane, Karen Johnson and Mary Burns. My editor, Rebecca Kemp, did a great job of keeping things in good order!

Enjoy!

xo, L