Thursday, February 05, 2009

Distractions


As I was sitting at my desk trying hard not to think about the cold and all of the work that I have ahead of me in the next week, I started playing with Picnik.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the site, it is a photo-editing website where you load up your photos and have some fun [for free!]. Well, you can buy into the premium package but the free one is just as fun.  There's lots to do. There are greeting cards and collages like the one above and you can add text and stickers to your photos.  Try the Polaroid frame like I did below. [How sad that Polaroid film is no longer being made. However, some enthusiasts are trying to make new film fit for the old cameras. I digress. Read about it here.]


A simple drop shadow frame is cool enough.
Wait a minute, what does this have to do with quilting/sewing? Pick any or all answers below.
a) Not a lot.
b) I did buy 7 Polaroid instant cameras from a lady who was having a garage sale as I was driving back from a quilt shop in Pennsylvania a few years ago.
c) You can print these cool pics onto photo transfer fabric paper and make wee gifts for Valentine's or any other special occasion.