Thursday, March 19, 2009

Labors Of Love


Here's another up close look at Dawn Gerber's Remembrance quilt. Lovely details.
I love the whimsical quality of this next little quilt by Joanell Connolly.


Gloria Hansen's quilt shown below had a luminous feeling to it because a lot of the dramatic effect of the colors was attributed to all of the thread colors that she used in machine quilting this piece.


I love the colors in this close up of Jean Evans' All That Glitters crazy quilt.

I loved this modern piece. Unfortunately, my photo of the entry label is lost but the designer and quiltmaker did a fabulous job.


Linda M. Roy's Icing On The Cake is beautiful. She won in the Best Use of Embellishment- Traditonal category.


This following quilt, Peace Makers, by Janet and Karen McTavish is so realistic. It won Honorable Mention - Innovative.


The large portraits are made up of small squares of other photographs for shading. Awesome!

Tea at Tenby by Sue Nickels and Pat Holly is gorgeous. The colors are so soft and pretty. Their beautiful workmanship won them Best Machine Workmanship - Traditional.



Another pretty and traditional quilt.


You'll have to appreciate the love that went into this lovely quilt, An Alphabet, by Barbara Korengold. She won Best Hand Workmanship - Traditional.



Wow. You know that color rocks my world. Look at this beauty. Kay Preston won Best Use of Color - Innovative for her quilt, Heavy Lifting.



Here's one that caught my eye but it wasn't the use of color that did it. I think the simplicity and modern design drew me to it. Cynthia L. Vogt won 3rd Place for her design, Ishi-Datami.


Teeny, tiny log cabin.


I just have to say that the quilts were awesome and it was great to see all sorts of techniques and styles.

xo, L