Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not To Be Outdone ...


When Big A found out about his little brother's artwork, he had to draw his very own clover for the "very lovely artists who read Mommy's blog". Little boys are so competitive, aren't they?

Back to the quilt show that I went to recently. The quilts were beautiful and seeing them made me want to do some more hand applique again. Here's a small sampling of what I saw. I tried to get all of the names but if I have failed for your quilt, please let me know.


This gorgeous yellow quilt, OCD meets SAD by Barbara E. Lies, won Best of Show. Look at the workmanship! I love that yellow color too.


Arabesque was made and designed by Karen Kay Buckley. She won 1st place - Traditional. I love the colors but look at the teeeeeeeny, tiny circles. OMG! It has been a long time since I've sewn circles that small and perfect.
Remembrance by Dawn Gerber was another gorgeous quilt that I fell in love with. Definitely a labor of love. 2nd place -Traditional.

More tiny circles.


You can bet that I loved this one for its bright and happy colors! Lollipops and Friends by Megan Johnson and Jeanne Bancroft.

Enjoy. I have a few more to post but I hope that you've been inspired by these beautiful pieces.
xo, L