Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Oh Deer!


After drooling over the photographs in my book yesterday, I found out that my friend Toby from Kindred Quilts is heading to Istanbul for the holidays. Jealous? No comment! Lucky girl!



Today was just one of those days where everything was off. We started with three phone calls from the school to tell us that there was going to be a delayed opening. [Note to self: I have to inform the school that I don't need three phone calls.] Then there was the storm and a doctor's appointment. Not fun but I still accomplished a lot.

I was wide awake by the end of the calling spree. What did I decide to do? I  designed a holiday card. Pop-up style, of course. It was fun to work out the details. I made the shape smaller and added a bit of color to add a lot of spunk to the design. What do you think?

I wanted to show you another card idea that I designed for Sew Sentimental . I made an ornament out of fabric transfer sheets and pinned it to a card. So easy and so adorable.



Did I ever tell you that greeting cards were my first crafty love? I had a greeting card design company, the paper gallery. So interesting how things come around again. xo, L