Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clinton's Got Talent!


I'm actually doing some hand applique. It's been a while but it was easy to get back to handwork. I generally use YLI Silk Thread and still love it but for this project, I'm using Aurifil Mako 50 wt. It is lovely to work with. The colors are fantastic [Confession:  Some people love to use a dark color and a light color for everything but I love to match threads when I applique.] The thread glides through the fabric with ease and blends into the background nicely. Love it. What do you like to use? I also like to use freezer paper on TOP of the applique. I'll share the project details with you soon! 


For a diversion, I went over to Kindred Quilts yesterday for a video taping. It was a fun time with a few lovely ladies. We taped a video for Toby's website. Did we do all right, Toby?

ox, L