Monday, June 09, 2008

My Inspiration Wall

Here's another addiction of mine ... wallpaper! I love Graham and Brown, Nama Rococo and Walnut Paper. I love patterns and textures. Oh, and the colors are so glorious. There's just so much wallpaper out there right now. It's not the old fuddy duddy stuff that we used to see.

I've had a mental block about wallpaper because dh and my dad would always tell me how awful wallpaper is to take down later. Since we rented for a long time, putting the stuff up just never happened.When we did finally buy our own place, it still took a while to convince the free help around here that it would look great on the wall. Well, my parents always said that I'm a persistent person. So a while back, I just ordered some and let's just simply say that I have a beautiful wall now.

I have loved this wallpaper from the day that I saw it. I think that I saw it on NBC morning news about six years ago. It doesn't have color but that's the beauty of it. You just add the pics to make it fun and funky. I just stick my fave photos [here's a pic of a design of mine from my book, iKnit] onto the paper whenever and remove it whenever. It's on the wall going down to my basement. I adore it.
I also wanted to put a cool piece of wallpaper on the wall behind my headboard and frame it with molding and to do cutouts for the kiddos' room. Not successful at convincing the help of that yet. I see that Pottery Barn is doing something similar. At least I got the chocolate powder room and the funky green bathroom that I wanted. That was only 4.5 years in the making.