Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To Quilt Market We Go!


I don't know how many bloggers will show you the lovely side of travelling to Quilt Market at 3:30 a.m. but I will! I travelled with Mark Lipinski . I wanted to show you how hard he works! He's constantly on his e-mail account and I am not! As you can see, he can be quite wonderful and humorous in the wee hours of the morning. [ed. note: There are no photos of me because I will not be photographed at that hour! Vain, I know.] We got into Houston and our friend, Lila Scott, technical editor of American Patchwork and Quilting, kindly let us freshen up in her room. Thanks, Lila!



The man kept working but he did have a moment of fun! Silly guy.



Mark took out his quilts for a little show and tell. Aren't the quilts and his fabric beautiful? Toby from Kindred Quilts made the one with all of the starry points. I'll have to check out the maker of the other one. I think that we cleaned up nicely, don't you? I have tons of photos to plow through. I saw a lot of old friends and met a lot of new ones too! There was a lot of fun to be had. 

I will be getting back to you with some market reports and some patterns. The giveaway will close this Saturday at 8 p.m. so that I can recover from the show! Let your friends know!
xo, L