Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Quilt Market! Fall 2010 Edition


Quilt Market Fall 2010 was a good time. I felt guilty all the way through because this is the first Halloween that I have missed and because my little one exclaimed, "What? You're going to miss Halloween?" as we dropped him off for school on the way to the airport. He knew but I think that the reality did not hit him until that moment. I did make it up to him and I will show you why further down the post.


Before I left, I did manage to take the boys to Haunted Halloween Hallway at school. It was a fun evening and the event raised money for the school. My Harry Potter and Ironman enjoyed themselves very much.



So, off I went and I almost didn't return home because it was so nice and warm there.



I ran into Mark's impression of Flat Stanley. He wasn't able to attend Quilt Market so I scouted around for interesting stuff for him.



I always meet with the great folks at Henry Glass Fabrics. They had an awesome show and I'm excited to tell you that for those of you who wear scrubs, I think that some of my fabric was purchased to make some by a manufacturing company. Look out for it!!


I stop off to visit with Barb of Quilt Soup. She's so fun and funny. I think that we sat around talking shop talk for two hours more after everyone had left after dinner. Karen, from Henry Glass, always takes care of the girls!


All of you need to buy this pattern when it's available!! Barb embroidered all of the lace parts of these blocks. To die for! The photos don't do it justice.



The Aurifil team, including the divine, Ms. Pat Sloan, are a treat to visit with. Yes, ladies, Alex and Davide are charming and handsome in person. Eleni is so wonderful too.


Their threads are to die for. I love color and their range of color is unmatched by anyone else.


Now, after all of that kissing up [it is genuine though], do you think that Alex will part with one of these huge and AWESOME cones?


Pat has introduced a new set of rulers and a cool cutting mat. Red on one side and mango on the other. I want a new mat!!!


Die cutting machines were popular. There's the new Baby Go! by Accucut.




The new Making Memories Fabrique. [pronounced fabrique even though there is an accent on that last "e" - couldn't figure out how to type it] They are licensing designs from Sandi Henderson, Bari J, and others. The new machine cuts more layers than the old one. 


More die cutting items at the Checker Booth. These designs were from the Westminster designers.


I LOVE this quilt. The simplicity of the design is so beautiful.


I always admire David's wall design for P&B. Remember this from last year? Ok, David, what's next?



My friend, Amy Butler, has a gorgeous booth, as usual.


Imaginisce has these really, really, really fun products. They have the i-top tool that makes buttons and brads. They also have the i-rock tool that will affix rhinestones, jewels and mirrors. What was so fun were the things that you can make with the button tops. They also sell magnetic attachments for the back, headbands with a snap-on attachment for your brad and loads of other little neat things. Check out their site.







Penguin & Fish is a cute embroidery company. She sells on etsy too.


Seven Islands had an adorable booth. Not only did they have the latest KOKKA fabrics but these adorable felt projects and needle felted desserts.





As I said earlier, I made it up to my little one. How? Well, I got Ty Pennington to autograph something for them! My kids love his Extreme Makeover Home Edition.



We were shown his fabrics while we waited for his return from the men's room.



Here I am with Brandon Mably, another Westminster designer, who's rockin' that skeleton shirt.



That's it for today! I hope that you enjoyed this brief visit to Quilt Market.
xo, L