Friday, July 20, 2007

Thanks

Thanks to Liesl [http://disdressed.blogspot.com] for inspiring me to do this. The photo doesn't do it justice. [It has been gloomy here the past few days]. She made a wonderful miniquilt a while back and offered the remnants. I always wanted to make one of these but with life, handwork was pushed to the wayside. I've been working on this for about three nights and will continue to make it longer. I started piecing the hexagons together and got carried away because I was having so much fun. My pieces are more random and Liesl's are beautifully pieced to form little flowers. I will make one of those soon. In making this piece, I realized that I miss handwork. A lot. When I first started quilting, I only did handwork. Then with time constraints and deadlines, I had to find other ways to put the samples out there fast.