Thursday, December 04, 2008

Be Merry!

*Update: I have the tree template posted there on the free patterns sidebar. Love to see what you make from it. Try the design as a greeting card, or other sewing project and enjoy!

I suddenly feel as though I have a million, no, a trillion, things on my plate. I have a few goodies for you to make as last minute gifts over the next week. Being sick set me back a bit but tell the truth, I am a big procrastinator when it comes to certain things. [Lots of us procrastinate, right? Reno can tell you that my most inspired moments happen when something is needed, like, uh, yesterday.] So, I am here to help you with that wee problem. 

I made this tea towel for a magazine but they only used the card portion of the design. I just couldn't not let the world see it. I bought an antique tea towel at my local shop of all things beautiful, Heart Strings, but any towel will do. Cut a triangle for the tree base and a small star and fuse. I printed the "be merry" wording by selecting a font and coloring it in black and white, and printing it onto a Printed Treasures fabric sheet. I fused that at the bottom. You can most certainly use any of the fabric tags that the scrapbooking companies have on the market. Then I free-motion sewed the swirls for the tree. I bought some fancy green lace at JoAnn's and sewed it along the bottom of the towel. Instant hostess gift. I'll  have the pattern posted later today.
xo, L