Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lucky Me!


I am almost finished his hat. I used the Spud and Chloe Flap Happy Hat pattern until I got to the crown shaping. Then the pattern lost me or I perhaps I just felt the need to do it differently. I still need to add a pom-pom. Isn't it darling? I had fun with the the three colors. Now I am starting one for Big A and I was told that I needn't put so much green in his toque. So funny, I don't even think that anyone around here knows what a toque is and I think that the earflaps might disqualify it from being an actual toque.

When I woke up this morning, I discovered that I had won a copy of Photoshop CS4 over at the Pioneer Woman. [Thanks, Ree!] She's so funny and generous. Her new lodge is beautiful. She should have a quilt retreat there! I'll teach! Now I have no excuse to laze about and not design, right? 

I think that this contest hit closer to home and it humbled me to read about what everyone else fights against in their lives. Her topic opened up a lot of thoughts and though I've always been an optimistic person, I must say that it felt good to say my battle out loud. Big A is a super bright kid who happens to be impulsive. Lots of effort to get things together and I don't regret it one bit. Now that Little A will be going to school all day in the fall, I'll get a bit of free time. So here's to more design and more fun. I thank you guys too for loving my stuff! Thanks again to The Pioneer Woman! You rock! Go over read about her awesome readers' thoughts and about The Fat Cyclist and his family.
 I think that Little A was secretly helping me out and he didn't even know it!

xo, L