Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thirty-Five Dollars


I do a yearly visit to a local rummage sale and I often end up with a nice piece of furniture for an awesome price. Do you remember my dining room chairs? I love a modern look but I also love mixing antiques in with the decor. My dad used to take us along with him when he went scouring flea markets for great finds. I even have a wooden chair that looks like a royal throne that I inherited when he passed away. So, my friend, Roopa and I headed down there to look for our treasure. I came home with this awesome table and all of those books for just under $35!! Those 40 books, by the way, are those $4 kids chapter books that you buy in Barnes and Noble. Awesome, right?



There are scratches and I'm not sure about what I want to do with the table. On the one hand, I want to do one of those awesome before and after treatments but on the other hand, I rather like the old vintage look. What do you think?


Oh, by the way, don't tell my husband about this table, ok? He doesn't mind but he's starting to wonder where we're going to put everything. Plus, he'll find out about it when he trips over it Friday night when he comes home from his business trip.

Have a great weekend! xo, L