Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Holidays Are Over?


I still have my tree up and I know that some, no many, of my FB friends have taken down their trees and decorations already. I'm just not ready. Getting there but not quite yet. I rather like being near my cutting table with the tree to my right. It's so twinkly and sparkly.


The welcome distraction is even more fun at my desk. I always wanted a white feather tree and I finally bought one for myself. I love it.


I don't want to get rid of my little reindeer, yo-yos and trees yet.


Maybe I'll take everything down this weekend. Then I will put up some hearts and Valentine's things.


Just before the holidays, I worked on some designs for my buddy, Mark Lipinski's magazine, Christmas 365. It should be out soon so check out this issue. I only have this small photo. That's my garland on the front. There are a couple of other small projects of mine in there too.


I am working on some work things this week but I am distracting myself with some fun too. I used to like calligraphy a lot and although I think that I have nice handwriting, I wasn't always that great at writing with a nib. I decided to give it another try when I saw this set at a local fine stationary place, The Write Touch. I'll have to see how it goes. Do any of you do calligraphy?



I'm making my mom a simple quilt for her sofa. She wanted simple and she wanted lavender and beige. It's a first for me! I haven't laid out everything yet. We'll see how it all works out in the end. It's pretty though.


We are expecting a snowstorm here in the northeast. Stay warm and stay safe!
xo, L