Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Needed A Little Inspiration


Today, I needed to get out of the house. There were lots of little things that I had to deal with this week so when I had had enough, I said yes when my friend Dar called me and asked if I wanted to go out for lunch. Yes, yes, yes!!


We headed down to Frenchtown, NJ. It is a sleepy but funky little town and we love having lunch at the Frenchtown Cafe, walking around town and then walking along the river. 


The little trail along the river is easy and it's filled with little treats. The ice melting along the river's edge look like little droplets or gems.


We love to photograph the wonky trees. It was fun today remembering what we photographed in these same spots last spring as we walked by them.




Along the way, there are a couple of houses that we adore. I think that this is the garage of the house to the right of it. I would love it if were my studio!! The two buildings are not attached to each other.



Oh, but look at this one too. It's just a couple of doors down. Gorgeous!


There's a lot of interesting architecture and color in the town.








Just what I needed. A little break.
xo, L