Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This E-Thing Is A Growing Thing & Winners



I've got great news for those of you who knit! Leisure Arts has just notified me that iKnit will be available in an e-book format very soon! If you don't have a copy, here's a chance to download a copy!


It was a fun book for me to design. There are lots of easy and quick but stylish projects for the beginner to intermediate knitter. There are purses, scarves, and even a cable pillow. Look for it very soon at Leisure Arts.


Things have changed in the publishing industry and as a designer, this is one thing that I embrace yet struggle with because I started out publishing my patterns as print patterns. Let me know what you think!

Also on the internet front, I have gotten to know many of you via this blog or mostly through Facebook. If you haven't become a friend on Facebook, please do! I get a larger response to my posts there and it is so much fun.

I met Alex from Aurifil on Facebook and he gave me the opportunity to be Miss February on their Designer of the Month Event. Have you made a pillow or card holder yet? Remember to post it on their Flickr site to be eligible to win the thread. I look forward to seeing your finished products.

Thank you for everyone who posted comments here and on Facebook. The winners of my drawing are:

Hugs & Kisses Fabric - Quilter In The Gap
Aurifil Thread - Barbara Dekruyf Sindlinger [drawn from Facebook]
Aurifil Thread - Colleengonemad

E-mail me your information and I will send the goods to you! Congratulations! If I do not hear from you by Friday, Feb. 18, consider your winnings void and I will pass the prize on at another time!

xo, L