Wednesday, October 08, 2008

On Display


I love to display artwork by the most creative peeps of all - my kids. It makes me proud and they get such a kick out of seeing their stuff on the wall. I have this art display right beside my dining room table. It is such a quick and easy thing to make. Plus you can dig through your stash and find something pretty to dress it up. As for the frame, you can buy one at a craft store but I have recycled other ones from garage sales.

Here's how you can make your own display board:

1. Buy a frame, a roll of cork and a strong board for the backing if there isn't one that comes with the frame. You'll need fabric of course. I used a piece from my Gardenia line.

2. Glue the cork to the board and let dry.

3. Cover the cork with your fabric and pull to the back. Make sure the corners are pulled nicely and evenly. Adhere the fabric to the back of the board.

4. Place the covered board into the frame. Cover the back with kraft or other paper to make it neat.

5. Nail the hanging hook to the back of the frame and you are ready to display your artwork!