Monday, October 27, 2008

Quilt Market - Part One


It was a whirlwind weekend and it was awesome. I was in Houston at Quilt Market. I worked more than I played this time. I really got my creative groove back at this show. I could really feel it this time. I didn't get a lot of photos of all that was going on but I did stop by a few booths.
Since we're already on the topic of my friend, Amy, we'll start with her booth. She had a gorgeous booth as usual. Her new fabrics and patterns are wonderful. You'll have to check them out at your local quilt shop. Her Dad was there charming everyone!

Well, Mark Lipinski is, of course, editor of one of my fave magazines, Quilters Home. He was funny and charming as usual. Such a fun guy!! [Hey, Mark, did I do a good job of cropping the photo?]

On the first night, lots of people lined up for Sample Spree. It was crazy! On the way in, I spotted someone chatting with Ricky Tims.


Here are Scott and Joel from Henry Glass at their table at Sample Spree before the madness. They look calm because Sample Spree hadn't started yet.



That's all that I can put together at this point. I was so darned tired today. Totally pooped. My Mom, brother and aunt will be leaving tomorrow. Perhaps I can sit down for a few minutes to go through all of my photos and put together another post about the show again tomorrow.
xo, L