Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4: Oh No, Christmas Tree!


I tried to think of a tree story from my childhood but miraculously there were no big stories even with the number of us living under one roof. My family, however, provided me with two funny little stories.

My sons are like mini-Marthas. They love to decorate the tree and they love to do it all by themselves. They even take care of little details like leaving cookies for Santa. Decorating the tree is one of their holiday highlights. They love everything from putting the tree together down to decorating it. Now, my husband, being a scientist, is a practical man at times. [Or it could be attributed to one of those spontaneous moments of his too!] One year he thought that it would be "efficient" if he brought the box in and put the tree up by himself. Luckily, I came walking in as he was doing this and made him take the whole thing down. The kids would have been totally disappointed.

As I said, I let the kids put the tree up and decorate while I supervise. One day though, my little one accidently knocked my entire tree down and broke some of my favorite glass ornaments Ooops! It was like a slow moving part of a movie. "Oh noooooooooooooo" my big guy yelled. It was all fine in the end and it gave us a story to tell.



The kids do an awesome job, don't you think?


Do you have any funny stories? Are your kids as interested in decorating your tree like mine are? Let me know! I'd love to hear. I've enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you for sharing your stories! Now, do go over to Pat Sloan 's site. It is her day. She's got a wonderful project for you. The other ladies have terrific stories to tell too! xo, L