Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Awesome, Amazing, Wonderful, and Fabulous


Congratulations to all of the winners! Wasn't it a fun blog hop? Thanks for hopping along. What should we celebrate at the next designer blog hop? Spring? Summer? Christmas again?

This week, a lot of people inspired me. I don't want to sound sappy but it all warmed my heart and inspired me to do better and to live and work better. As a designer, reading the hundreds of fantastic comments was a great boost. Thank you for that. Others inspired me by their passion, strength and generosity.

McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Copyright 2010 Umesh Bhatt

My friend, Umesh, came back from a trip to India. It was an awesome trip. He took a trip to take photographs of the Himalayas. Wow. I'm not sure his latest photos from the Himalayas are up yet but do check out his people gallery. Awesome. I'm sure that he'll update more on his website soon. Afterall, he just got back! I admire his passion for photography and I always enjoy seeing his perspective in the things that he photographs.  He also brought back this lovely little quilt that was made in Dharamshala, a city in northern India. McLeod Ganj, pictured above, is a village within the municipality of Dharamshala and is the home of the Dalai Lama and the exiled Tibetan government.  Thanks, Umesh! For those of you who missed it, his wife Roopa had her Dad come to the US with this quilt for me two years ago. Lovely.


On to a bit of sad news. My friend Justine, owner of Angelfirestudios, is going through a tough time. Her husband was fixing a car and it fell on top of him. She's been at his bedside for a week and a half now and she's had amazing help from friends to keep the store going. She has an inspiring store and her enthusiasm is contagious. She's one creative entrepreneur, wife and mom. Her strength in this time of difficulty has been amazing.



Another friend summed it up best on Ravelry:

"Many of you may not know, but Justine’s beloved husband Ted has been in a terrible accident.All her time is now being spent at his bedside in an ICU. We all love knitting and we all love Justine. Here is how we can help:

“One Project Please”

The purchase of just one project from Angel Fire Studios can put food on her table and buy diapers for her son. Another purchase could buy the gas to get her back and forth from the hospital.

As a customer and friend of Angel Fire Studios and Justine I am hoping that along with your thoughts and prayers for her and her family each of you might consider One Project …Please. Just drop by her store or log onto the online store, www.angelfirestudios.com"


The ladies at the store, including designer, Kristen Kapur of Through The Loops, are planning on releasing an e-book where all proceeds will go to benefit Justine and her young family.

Also, my wonderful friend, Amy Butler, is so fabulous. Did I say fabulous? She didn't hesitate to help out when I asked her last week. She is donating some fantastic items that will be used at a future fundraising event at the store. Thank you, Amy!! Love you!

Thank YOU from the bottom of my heart.

xo, L